Launched on the 2nd April 2014, Alquity’s Latin America Fund has outperformed 90% of its peers since inception.1 So what has been the secret of its success and what does the future hold for investors in Latin America?
Looking back over the past three years, and forward to the next three, in this blog Roberto Lampl (Head of Latin America Investments), highlights three key stocks in the Alquity Latin America Fund.
The Alquity Latin America Fund is a focused strategy with currently 33 positions across six countries. All our stocks have excellent growth prospects but there are some that we’re particularly excited about.
- Brazilian manufacturer of industrial machinery with production facilities in Brazil, Mexico, Germany and China.
- Exceptionally well positioned to benefit from the domestic growth cycle and improving global growth.
- Over the last 20 years this amazing company has delivered a 17% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) through a combination of organic growth and shrewd acquisitions.
- We see no reason why this can’t continue as the Brazilian economy recovers.
- Chilean industrial conglomerate that focuses on forestry and distribution of liquid fuels and the management of convenience stores.
- The largest market share in their respective businesses in Chile and Colombia.
- Now the second largest wood panel manufacturer in the world and leading Latin America sawn timber producer, Copec is poised to benefit from both regional and global growth.
- A 93 year old Peruvian importer, vendor and service provider of equipment for construction, mining, agriculture and transport markets.
- The firm’s 50%+ market share of heavy equipment machinery and 70-year relationship with Caterpillar puts it in pole position to benefit from the wide array of infrastructure investments in Peru.